Central IRB 101: An Introductory Guide to Working with External IRBs for the First Time
Wednesday, August 30
Presentation: 2:00-3:00pm ET
Q&A: 3:00-3:15pm ET
As federal mandates for centralized IRB review begin to take effect, many institutions are faced with the challenge of working with an external IRB for the very first time. In this webinar, Maria Stivers, Manager of Institutional Services at Schulman IRB, guides institutions through the basics of working with a central IRB for the first time. Maria will draw on her current experiences liaising between Schulman's IRB and institutional clients, as well as her past experience leading a university research compliance program, to provide insights into the central IRB relationship and what institutions should expect of their external IRB partners.
While the presentation will use examples from Schulman IRB to illustrate certain points, this webinar is intended as a general, educational introduction to working with an external central IRB.
In this free webinar, we will:
- Explain roles and responsibilities for the central IRB and relying institutions
- Describe typical steps in establishing working relationship with the external IRB
- Define common submission scenarios with the external IRB
Who Should Attend
- Institutional representatives involved in the IRB review process, including:
- Research Directors and Managers
- IRB Directors and Managers
- Principal Investigators and their research staff
- Sponsor and CRO representatives involved in institutional site start-up activities
Certificates of attendance are available for this event. The presentation may qualify for continuing education credits; check with your certifying organization(s) for more information.